Are you facing issues connecting your iOS device on iTunes and presented with an unknown error code in the form of 0xe80000a? Well, as it seems, you aren’t alone. If you search in Apple community forums, you would see a large number of users having the same issue with their device when accessing iTunes. Note that this unknown error in the form of 0xe80000a is often caused by improper installation of iTunes or bugs. It can also happen when there is an error on both Windows and iTunes. So let’s take a glance at the fixes and reasons behind this error.
Probable Reasons behind the iTunes 0xe80000a Error
Well, the iTunes 0xe80000a error may be of any type. Your Windows computer fails to read the contents from the Apple device or refuses to play the media files. Note that the iTunes 0xe80000a error is relatively standard when you connect your iPhone to the Windows computer.
You have to consider various solutions if your Windows computer fails to read the contents and time and again pops up the 0xe80000a error code. To be precise, there are multiple reasons that are responsible for iTunes error 0xe80000a in Windows 10 PC.
This error can occur if there is a damaged USB port, Windows system files missing or incompatible version of iTunes software installed.
Solutions to Fix the Issue of iTunes Error 0xe80000a
Well, as you can see, this error code would prevent your iPhone from being connected to your computer, which can be downright frustrating. So let’s take a glance at some of the fixes which would help you to solve the error code 0xe80000a in iTunes.
1. Update Windows, iOS and iTunes
The immediate solution to opt for is to embark on an updating spree. In most of the cases, the iTunes 0xe80000a error code is mainly being caused because of software and hardware issues. Updating to the latest version would help in solving this issue. You can commence with the updates by updating your Windows 10 computer.
To do that, type updates on the search bar in the taskbar and check for future updates. In iOS devices, you can do that by opening the Settings app, then general and then software update. Also, update iTunes to solve this issue altogether. Type Apple software update in the Start menu and press Enter. If there are any available updates, install them.
2. Disable Third-Party Antivirus Present in your System
Well, you just cannot deny the significance of antivirus programs in keeping your computer safe. However, antivirus software can often cause issues with other apps like iTunes. Moreover, they can also flag iTunes as a threat which would result in the error code 0xe80000a. So if you are using antivirus software, try to disable it altogether whenever you are connecting iOS devices. Also, you can uninstall the antivirus software permanently from your system. Windows have built-in Windows Defender which is quite handy in securing your device from threats.
3. Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service
Note that restarting the apple mobile device service is also a great way to fix the error code 0xe80000a. Here are some steps which you need to follow.
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc
- Locate Apple mobile device service
- Right-click on the mobile device service and select Restart
- If the service doesn’t restart, double click on the service to open the properties
- Change the startup of the service to automatic
- Click Ok and apply so that the changes are saved
4. Manually fix iTunes Error 0xe80000a on Windows
If the computer you are trying to connect has a Windows OS, here is how you can solve the error 0xe80000a. Here are some steps which you need to follow.
- Connect your Apple device and quit iTunes
- Choose task manager and kill every process related to Apple service
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard at the same time
- If your device is 32-bit, copy and paste this command- %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
- If your device is 64-bit, use this command- %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
- Open iTunes to check if the error persists or not
5. Reset the Lockdown Folder
Note that the lockdown folder comprises the security certificates required by iTunes to communicate with the iOS devices. In case the files located inside the lockdown folder gets corrupted on your device’s hard disk, it can cause the 0xe80000a error code. Here are some steps you should follow to fix this problem.
- Press the Windows key along with R
- Type %programdata% as a command and run it
- Click on the Apple folder which appears after running the command
- Please right-click on the lockdown folder and rename it to Lockdown.old
- Restart iTunes to check whether or not this solution was able to solve this issue
6. Repair iTunes
A big reason for the connection issue on iTunes is because of the presence of the corrupted files. Here are some steps with the help of which you can repair iTunes.
- Navigate to Windows setting by pressing Windows + I
- Inside the Windows Settings, click on apps
- Find iTunes on the list and click on modify
- Select repair on the iTunes and click Next
- Follow the onscreen prompts to repair it
7. Reinstall iTunes
If the solutions as mentioned above, failed to yield any plausible result, you should uninstall and reinstall iTunes again. Note that this is your final resort if none of those as mentioned earlier solutions work. It is also worth mentioning here that by reinstalling iTunes, you would be able to fix the corrupted files and data problems without any hassle. Always remember that corrupted system files can display the 0xe80000a error code. So the right and the ultimate way to fix this issue are by reinstalling iTunes.
Note that you can try various methods to fix the 0xe80000a error code. However, updating your operating systems is one of the most effective ways to solve this nagging issue. By properly updating your OS, you would have the latest OS build and patch. This can significantly solve the 0xe80000a error code issue.
There is no doubt that the 0xe80000a error code is quite nagging and can play a spoilsport on your entertainment plans. You can try the above solutions to solve this eliminate this issue altogether. Moreover, make sure that your Apple devices are updated on regular intervals so that there are no underlying issues associated with them. Apple also needs to split iTunes into various components to reduce bloatware.