Is Roblox telling you that you do not have the authorization to play your favorite game? Well, you are not the only whom Roblox has been telling this through a display of the Roblox Error Code 524, otherwise called the authorization error. This error code usually comes up on the screen when you as a guest or normally try joining VIP servers. Players are not supposed to join those servers, regardless of whether it’s an existing or new one.
But, you have nothing to worry if you have been facing the authorization error. All you need is a clear understanding of what it entails and the ways to fix it. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
So, why exactly does the authorization error come up?
Like all other ROBLOX errors, you get only one reason flashing on the screen as to why you can’t join the game. However, just like in most other cases, there is more than one cause behind a ROBLOX error display.
The main reason why you are seeing the error is because the game was made a VIP by the creator, which means not everyone can play it. The game creator has chosen a couple of people, and only they are allowed on that particular game server.
The other possible reason can be the fact that it is some error with the ROBLOX app that you have on the system. You might have heard from a few players that connection timeout is one of the reasons behind error 524, but that is completely wrong.
Just connect your internet with any other device and you will see that your internet connection is working just fine. Slow speed of the servers at ROBLOX’s end might still be a reason, but not your internet connection.
The best fixes for ROBLOX Error Code 524
Now that you know the reasons behind this frustrating error code, let’s look at the ways in which you can fix it. So, there are seven possible fixes for ROBLOX error code 524: ping 10.10.0.1 -t
1. Check if the ROBLOX servers are facing downtime
At times, ROBLOX servers are offline simply because they are facing downtime. But, you won’t be notified that the servers are down. The game would start crashing and an error would be shown to you.
It is really helpful that ROBLOX has an official page like Xbox to let you know if it’s a case of server downtime. If you face error 524, or just about any ROBLOX error, the first thing you should do is check if the servers are the issue.
2. Change the settings for allowing invites to join VIP servers
Trying to join any private server as the guest can make you face the error. In order to deal with this, you will have to change the invitation settings for the private server. The settings are by default put on ‘friends.’ However, when you make that to ‘everyone,’ the error gets solved in most cases.
Here are the steps to change the settings to allow invites:
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the ROBLOX app or website
- You will find the choices to invite under the ‘Privacy’ option
- Change all the invitation options to ‘everyone’ from ‘friends’
Check to see if the error persists even after this, and move on to the other solutions if it does.
3. Check whether the ROBLOX account has been banned
You need to check if your account has been banned by the server. If you can’t access one particular server and all the issues are popping up only on that server, then the chances are that the server has banned you. Nope, you can’t ask ROBLOX to remove your ban from the server. What you can do in this case is to contact the game creator of the server and ask him to remove your ban.
But, if you see the error code 524 coming up on every server that you try to access, the chances are that ROBLOX is the one who has banned you. There are two ways for you to go about it in this situation:
- You can contact the customer support of ROBLOX to ask them the reason behind your ban. Their staff is pretty prompt in answering users.
- You can try playing from a new account.
4. Change your IP address and give it another try
If you have tried to access from your new account and failed even then, it might be because the problem lies with the IP address. Many users have reported that ROBLOX keeps blocking the access of certain IPs. In fact, some users say that ROBLOX prefers when the users work on static IP, instead of the new ones.
Let’s not get into the technical details of all that, and follow the given steps to solve the problem.
- Go to Command Prompt and paste the codes: ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset
- Open the Control Panel and go to Network and internet
- Change the adapter settings from the Network and Sharing Center
- Click on properties from your main internet connection and change the IP address
5. Clear all cache and cookies before trying again
The browser version of ROBLOX is not that good because it keeps coming up with glitches and problems. But, if you at all want to play it on a browser, it is best to go for either Firefox or Google Chrome. The chances of error 524 are greater in all other browsers.
Here’s how you can solve the cache and cookies problem:
- Open Google Chrome Settings from the drop-down list on the top right corner. Cookies and cache come under ‘Privacy and Security.’
- Clear data and clear browsing data of ‘all time’
- Proceed to the cookies option to repeat the same steps.
6. Check if the ad blocker has been disabled on the browser
There are times when the ad blockers on a browser start considering ROBLOX as an ad, and do not let it operate properly. As a result, ROBLOX simply sends you the error message to kick you out and tell you that you do not have the authorization to play the game. The best thing to do in this situation is to uninstall the ad blocker. But, if you want to keep it, you will have to play in the incognito mode.
However, if you don’t want the hassle of entering all the details once more, you can sizable ad blockers from that ROBLOX page following the steps given below.
- Let the ROBLOX site load completely
- Click on the AdBlocker and have it disabled for this particular page
7. Try to log in to ROBLOX from a different platform
This technique is also worth trying out as many users have solved their issue this way. You just need to download ROBLOX in a different platform than the one you normally use. Login to your account from that platform and check if you can play. You are probably banned if you can’t play any of the games even from a completely different platform. You should also try to log in and log out of the account a couple of times. Sometimes this sorts out the glitch and makes the error message stop appearing.
Trying this method should not be an issue because you can access ROBLOX from almost every platform. So, try the game on your PC if the error keeps coming up on Xbox, or on your smartphone if the game stops working on your PC.
1. I am unable to join games hosted on VIP servers. What to do?
You will get the error 524 if you are failing to join a game hosted on a VIP server. There are seven ways to get you out of the problem:
- Check if the ROBLOX servers are facing downtime
- Change the settings for allowing invites to join VIP servers
- Check whether your ROBLOX account has been banned
- Change your IP address and give it another try
- Clear all cache and cookies before trying again
- Check if the ad blocker has been disabled on the browser
- Try to log in to ROBLOX from a different platform
2. Why does authorization error take place?
The main reason why authorization error occurs is because the game was made on VIP servers by the creator, which means not everyone can play it. The game creator has chosen a couple of people, and only they are allowed on that particular game server.
3. Why is ROBLOX not giving permission to join the game?
If you see the error code 524 coming up on every server that you try to access, the chances are that ROBLOX has banned you.
Following the tips given above should be enough in solving the Roblox error code 524 that you are facing. However, if all else fails, you only have the option to contact ROBLOX support to discuss the issue. Sometimes the bans are accidental and can be removed by ROBLOX if prompted. At times, the servers are not available where you stay. So, all the seven fixes fail to help you out, dial up ROBLOX customer support.