You might have come across a person watching digital cable channels straight on their PC or laptop. In case you don’t know, they are using the digital TV tuner device registration application. It is a module of the Windows Media Center and developed by the Microsoft Corporation. It allows you to watch premium content from premier cable channels from your cable service provider. Also, this app continuously runs in the background and scans your device and TV tuners. Moreover, they are usually identified and flagged as threats by antivirus software programs.
What kind of problem does this app cause on the computer?
To be precise, it is a non-system process and doesn’t pose any threat to the security of your PC. What’s more, this app is not CPU intensive. However, the digital TV tuner device registration application is notorious for slowing down your PC.
This happens because most of the time, the app creates invalid entries on your hard disk or in the registry of your device’s system. This is the main reason behind the sluggish performance of the PC. So it is essential to deal with this issue on your device if you don’t want your device’s speed and performance compromised.
When you are actively using the TV tuning service, this app can slow down your device, which can be a setback. The digital TV tuner is also known as the ehprivjob.exe process. As it is a non-system process, it has a bad reputation for creating your PC entries, which can ultimately tire it down.
The best way to fix this issue is by deleting the application. However, deleting the application wouldn’t augur well for those who love to watch digital cable channels. The following fixes would help you greatly to fix the issue related to the digital TV tuner device registration application.
Is it Wise to Remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Speaking strictly from a security point of view, the digital TV tuner device registration application wouldn’t compromise your device’s safety. However, from the point-of-view of performance, this application certainly slows thing down.
Whether you want to uninstall it comes down to your personal preferences. If you love watching premium content from cable service providers straight on your device, then it may not be wise to uninstall it. Also, note that this application mostly affects the boot-up time and doesn’t have any adverse effects on your device’s performance. Note that you can again disable the digital TV tuner device registration application to improve the responsiveness of your device.
On the other hand, if you have any third-party antivirus programs, it will flag the digital TV tuner device registration application as a threat. What’s more, you would find yourself with alert messages every now and then. There are no security threats, but the way it affects your device when it is multitasking can get the better of you to get rid of it. Let’s take a glance at some of the fixes which promise to solve the issues with the digital TV tuner device registration application.
Fixes related to Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Issues
Here are some methods with the help of which you can sort issues associated with the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
Method 1- Use the Resource Manager and end the Process
One of the most effective ways to sort out issues related to the digital TV tuner device registration application is to end the process. Here are some steps you can follow to complete the process associated with the digital TV tuner device registration application.
ü You need to open the task manager on your device. To do so, you can either right-click on the taskbar or select the option named Open Task Manager. What’s more, you also press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys together on your keyboard.
ü Now select the performance tab and navigate to the resource monitor section.
ü Under the processes tab, find the process named ehPrivJob.exe and then click on the end task button.
ü Click on the OK button to close the task manager window.
ü You have to restart your PC so that the changes can take place.
Method 2- Turn the features of the Windows off with the Control Panel
To fix issues pertaining to the digital TV tuner device registration application, you can try turning off the Windows feature. Here are some steps which you need to follow to accomplish this method.
1. Navigate to your device’s control panel.
2. You need to select the programs and features option from the list of other available options.
3. Click on Windows features on or off from the menu present on the left-hand side.
4. Wait until the Windows media features are fully loaded. Then you have to select media features and expand the list by clicking on the expand icon. Remove both the checkpoints related to the Windows Media Player and its corresponding components.
5. Please navigate to the Windows Media Center Option and uncheck it. Now click on the OK button to enforce the changes.
6. Restart your device so that the new changes can take place.
Method 3- Disable the Scheduled Tasks
As mentioned earlier too, the primary process related to the digital TV tuner device registration application is ehdrminit. So disabling this scheduled process can help you to fix your computer science again. To accomplish this method, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. At first, you need to open the Start menu. To do that, enter your device’s desktop screen and press the Windows key. Search for the task scheduler option present within the Start menu.
2. Click on the task scheduler library option after entering the task scheduler option.
3. Now open the Microsoft folder.
4. From the Microsoft folder, open the Windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task.
5. Close all the folders that are open on your PC.
6. In the final step, restart your computer so that the changes can take place.
In most the cases, this fix can solve the issue related to the digital TV tuner device registration application. If it doesn’t, navigate to the next fix.
Method 4- Delete the DRM Folder
In case you don’t know, DRM refers to Digital Rights Management. It is important to note here that the error in the Digital TV Tuner registration application is easily fixed by deleting all the contents in the DRM folder.
DRM refers to the mechanism which controls access to copyrighted material with the help of technological means. Note that DRM eliminates usage control and puts it in the hands of a computer program. Here are some steps you can follow to delete the DRM folder on your device to solve the issue.
1. Primarily, you have to open the File Explorer on your device. In most of modern-day PCs and laptops, the file explorer is present right on the taskbar.
2. After opening the File Explorer, select the Programs option and click on the data folder.
3. Open the Microsoft folder and select the Windows option.
4. After entering the Microsoft folder, select the DRM folder and delete the contents of this folder.
5. Once you are done deleting, restart your device for the changes to take place.
Method 5- Uninstall the TV Tuner
If you are reading this method, it is quite probable that you have not been able to solve the issues related to the digital TV tuner device registration application. Well, uninstalling the digital TV tuner device registration application is the last resort, which you should opt for if none of those, as mentioned earlier, methods provide you with results. Here are some steps which you need to follow to accomplish this method.
1. First of all, open the Control Panel on your device. For this, you can either use the keyboard shortcut or click on the Start button and then search for the Control Panel Option.
2. Here you have to select the programs and features option from the list of other available options.
3. In the next step, click on uninstall a program option.
4. Here you can find the digital TV tuner device registration application listed. Select the application.
5. Click on the Uninstall button to uninstall the same.
6. Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
7. Restart your PC so that the desired changes can take place.
If the presence of the digital TV tuner device registration application slows down your computer, it is time to fix the issue. After all, watching premium content on your device is perhaps not the only task. Moreover, a slow device can be quite detrimental to your overall work productivity.
The fixes enlisted above would hopefully help you to solve the issue related to the digital TV tuner device registration application. Also, the error associated with the digital TV tuner device registration application is quite weird. It can occur anytime, affecting your device’s performance. Hopefully, the above methods would assist you with solving the problem.