I don’t think it’s a shock to anyone, but yesterday, Microsoft released another Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. It has the same build number as before, 10586, but this time it’s 10586.29 where before it was 10586.11. If you’re wondering, the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL ship with 10586.0.
Microsoft said that this build was all about responding to feedback, but the reality is that it’s fixing bugs. After all, everyone has been complaining that both 10586.0 and 10586.11 have way too many problems. The fact is, Microsoft still just isn’t focusing on mobile.
So what’s new in this build? I’m glad you asked!
For one thing, build 10586.29 supports four new phones:
- Microsoft Lumia 550
- Microsoft Lumia 950
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
- LG Lancet
Personally, I was expecting them to add the LG Lancet as the Windows Device Recovery Tool was recently updated to include the LG Lancet.
And here’s what Microsoft says is new:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.